Depending on what your needs are as a student, the course is customized for you and focuses on one or more of the following:
- basic technique, body posture and hand position, exercises to loosen the fingers;
- exercises on chords, arpeggios, scales and modes;
- motion exercises for the left hand;
- exercises for fingers and picks with the right hand;
- various exercises to improve the sound, speed and ease on the instrument;
- use of complex musical pieces to improve your technique.
- the clawhammer
- with a guitar pick
- depending on you, it’s YOUR OWN CHOICE;
- if necessary, suggestions could also be made.
Understanding of the tonal system and its use in different styles:
- learning chords, arpeggios, scales, modes and intervals;
- harmonic analysis;
- how to quickly read a score, a musical piece (tone, chord progressions);
- reading the staff (notes, rhythms);
- reading tablatures (tabs);
- reading chord symbols (ex: Am7 D7).
- create solos or accompaniment in any style;
- develop your musical vocabulary;
- create phrases and cadences;
- how to create melodies;
If necessary, I can focus on developing the tools and skills necessary for the composition of music.
- recognizing intervals, chords and scales by ear;
- learning songs or banjo lines by ear;
- solphège, dictation;
- openness to other musical styles or genres.
- learning recording softwares;
- ableton Live;
- soft synths, virtual drums, drum machine;
- use of accompanying software.
Capsules occasionally punctuating the course and allow the acquisition, in the background, an overview of the history of music.